From February 6-9, fifteen educators from across the country convened in Santa Cruz, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica for two full days of volunteering, touring, and cultural activities. The Ambassador Trip for Educators mirrored the same experience their students will have on a future Squads Abroad school group program and had the opportunity to witness first hand a Global Education Squad in action with the STEMCivics school. The highlight of the trip was touring and volunteering with our project partners including the BUHO Elementary School and Burbujitas Daycare Center. Educators had the chance to witness the many valuable projects our groups have accomplished over the past months as well as learn about the many needed projects their groups could perform in the future. These schools are in need of many future projects including building gardens, building wash stations, building book shelves, building playground equipment, building bulletin boards, and painting educational murals. In the end our Ambassadors came away with a clear vision of all the work that needs to be done and a sense of confidence in the Squads Abroad home-base model and staff leadership. And needless to say had a lot of fun in the journey!
- An Unforgettable Experience with the Washington International School
- 7 New Life Experiences You Can Try With Squads Abroad
- The Turning Winds Experience: Squads Abroad Trip To Greece
- International Impact with Squads Abroad and the Boulder Soccer Girls
- 6 Destinations: Where to Make an Impact With Squads Abroad